Programs and Services
"Haven is the place where God put me so I could get closer to Him; to know more about Him, to walk with Him."
Residential Rehabilitation Services
Our goal is to see lives transformed through the power of the Gospel. We offer a biblically based program that provides an opportunity for recovery and rehabilitation in a safe, structured environment.
Basic Admission Criteria:
• At least 18 years old
• Free of sex offenses and current pending charges
• Physically able to perform work therapy assignments
• Willing to submit to random drug and alcohol testing
• Serious about a life change
• No steady source of income
• Not applied for or currently receiving assistance (For example: SSI,SSD)
• Open to the message of Christ
• Willing to commit to a minimum stay of 9-12 months
Application and Interview Process: The individual desiring help must initiate a phone conversation with the Chaplain to discuss scheduling an intake interview. All interviews are conducted on-site at Haven of Rest Ministries.
• Freedom from life controlling issues- Addiction is the primary reason men seek the program for help. Our goal is to see men maintain continuous sobriety
• Providing a biblical worldview- As a Christ centered program, we believe that God and his word speaks to and shapes every aspect of life. Our goal is to impart basic Biblical literacy that leads to the practical application of these truths
• Work and sustained employment- A major factor in the ongoing success of an individual is finding and maintaining sustainable employment. Our goal is to equip men with the necessary tools to find and keep a job
• Maintaining healthy community- God created us to be relational beings. As such, vibrant connections to positive relationships that include a solid church community with which to grow, are essential. Our goal is to see men connected to a local church and to a mentor.
• Obtaining sustainable housing- Addictions and a transient lifestyle often accompany one another. As a program that serves many homeless guests, our goal is to see men providing for their own sustainable housing needs.
• Spiritual Development- This component includes daily devotions, Bible based classes, and church attendance. Insight is also gained through a mentoring relationship. The goal is spiritual transformation and an ever deepening relationship with Jesus Christ
• Case Management/Counseling- Each man has personal and public issues that need to be addressed. Our staff and other partnering ministries strive to offer personal counsel and Spirit led insight into the life of each resident.
• Education and Career Development- The Learning Center is designed to assist residents with obtaining their GED, if needed, and to improve his reading, grammar, math, and computer skills. The Career Development Coordinator assists in preparing residents for a successful job search.
• Work Therapy- This is designed to teach men basic serving skills. Residents learn how to live in community and to develop life skills such as service, submission to biblical authority, thankfulness, self-control, trust, patience, forgiveness, grace, respect, and relationships. It also teaches skills that will be valuable in the workplace, such as; being at work on time, completing a task as assigned, and checking out with a supervisor.
• Aftercare- As our men prepare to transition from the program, it is essential they have a support network. Our Aftercare Coordinator will assist men as they move in to long-term sustainable housing. They assist the men by doing one on one Bible studies, weekly alumni meetings, budgeting, providing transportation to and from various appointments, and help men as they seek a local church home.