Are you looking for a way to give back to your community? Haven of Rest Ministries offers many ways you and your family can touch the lives of poor and homeless men, women and children.
If you are part of a group – church, family, school, business or friends – that wants to serve, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page or call Jan Pluck, Volunteer Coordinator, at 330-535-1563. We will place you where your skills and passions meet our greatest need. Opportunities range from making beds and serving food to weeding the grounds, sorting canned goods, cleaning rooms, and much more.
Individuals can volunteer weekly, monthly, or as needed. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving food
- Sorting canned goods or clothing
- Working the dock area
- Washing dishes
- Helping with children
- Helping in our client day rooms
- Picking up donations from partnering agencies
- Making Scripture cards to encourage guests
- Leading devotions
- Office work
- Various opportunities at any of our special events
Steps to become a volunteer
- Give us your information below or by phone.
- We will send you an application to complete.
- Return the completed application to us.
- Arrange an appointment to come for an interview and a tour.
- During your appointment we will discuss our openings and attempt to match your passion with our needs.
- Finalize position and choose a start date.
- Your wonderful volunteer experience will begin!