The purpose of Haven of Rest is to serve and glorify God through Christ-centered, life-changing programs of love and compassion that respond to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of men, women and children without regard to their race, color, creed or social standing.
Statement Of Faith
- We believe in one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth and absolute Deity of Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, and His shed blood is the only means for the remission of sins.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, and they are the supreme, final and only authority of faith and life.
- We believe God created man in God’s image; man sinned, as recorded in Genesis, causing physical and spiritual death.
- We believe sin had its origin with Adam, and as a result, the entire human race is born with a sinful nature and is spiritually dead.
- We believe when a person receives by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit regenerates that person into the family of God.
- We believe in a future heaven for the saved and that it is not obtained as the result of good works; rather we believe in the maintenance of good works and holy living as a result of salvation.
As a Christian ministry, we are uncompromisingly committed to glorifying God through:
- A Christian board and staff who adhere to the Haven of Rest Ministries statement of faith and present the Gospel through Christ-centered programming.
- All aspects of Haven of Rest Ministries will be operated according to the highest moral, ethical and Christ-centered standards.
- We believe that all people are created in God’s image with inherent dignity and worth. These beliefs motivate Haven of Rest Ministries to design innovative programs and services responding to people’s total needs, helping them become Godly persons of integrity, responsibility and commitment.
We are committed to a standard of excellence that honors the Lord through:
- Competent, well-trained, caring Christian staff and Board of Trustees.
- The design and implementation of programs and services.
- Clean, well-maintained facilities that are a model to the community at large.
- Sound business principles.
- Programs and services that are rendered with sensitivity, respect and dignity by demonstrating the love of Christ to all.
- All funds will be raised with integrity through voluntary contributions from the private sector. We do not take any government funding. We are committed to good stewardship through innovative programming, accountability and sound fiscal management.